How to Add a Widget to an Area in WordPress
In this article, we will show you how to add a widget to a widget area.
1) Log in to the WordPress Dashboard
2) Click the Appearance link in the left menu
3) Click the Widgets link from the left menu
4) Click and drag the widget from the Available Widgets section to the area of your choice
5) If you wish, change the settings for this widget (most include at least a title)
6) Click the Save button
That’s it! You can check your home page (or the location of your widgets) to see the results.