Advanced Excerpt Plugin Guide Overview
The Advanced Excerpt plugin adds control over the appearance of WordPress post excerpts.
This plugin adds several improvements to WordPress’ default way of creating excerpts.
- Keeps HTML markup in the excerpt (and you get to choose which tags are included).
- Trims the excerpt to a given length using either character count or word count.
- Only the real text is counted (HTML is ignored but kept).
- Customizes the excerpt length and the ellipsis character that are used.
- Completes the last word or sentence in an excerpt.
- Adds a read-more link to the text.
- Ignores custom excerpts and use the generated one instead.
- Theme developers can use the_advanced_excerpt() for even more control.
Most of the above features are optional and/or can be customized by the User or the Theme Developer.
Below you can find all our guides on this plugin.
- How to Install Advanced Excerpt
- How to Configure Advanced Excerpt for WordPress
- A Working Example of Using Advanced Excerpt for WordPress