Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin Guide Overview
With the Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP) you can add a classified ads section to your WordPress site, quickly and easily.
For the purposes of this manual, the Free Version will be used.
- Search ads by city, state, country, username, or keyword.
- Allow AdSense Ads to be displayed.
- Control over HTML use in Ads.
- Limit the text size of Ad postings.
- Standard form fields can be enabled or disabled, depending on your needs (title, website, name, country, etc).
- Allow or disallow image posting with Ads.
- Automatic expiration of Ads (free or paid).
- Configurable Ad display for AdSense placement.
- Ads can have a Tweet This button in their layout.
- Ads can have a Share on Facebook button in their layout.
- Ads can be flagged by community for bad/offensive content.
- Ads can be imported via a CSV file.
- Ads support embedded videos.
- Ads can have character limits, supported by plans (different plans can have different limits).
- Ads can be displayed on any page for a single category using shortcodes.
- Auto-verify ads with email links to post immediately upon click.
- Allows ads to be ‘Sent to Facebook’ inside of Ad Management.
- Allow posters to be notified of expiring Ads.
- Allow Admin to be notified when new Ads are posted.
- Classified Ad users can contact the Ad poster without exposing the poster’s email (blind email system, similar to Craigslist).
- Admin can (optionally) be notified of expiring Ads.
- Allows for paid or free Ads.
- Supports PayPal, PayPal Pro and 2Checkout for paid Ads.
- Allow for image posting limits higher than free Ads.
- Multiple fee scales for posting Ads (allows you to have longer Ad postings with higher fees).
- Variable Ad expiration lengths connected to fee scale (e.g. allow ads to run for 30 days for $10, 60 days for $15, etc).
- Supports a “credit system” or pay with regular currency per Ad. Mix and match if you want.
Ad Posting Controls
- Allow Admin to approve ads prior to posting.
- Allow Admin to approve images prior to posting.
- Users can edit or delete their own ads.
- Admin can edit or delete all ads in the system.
- Secure system gives users a unique editing key to administer their own ads.
- Allows for limiting image posting (by image size, height, width and total count if desired).
- Anti-spam checks for all ads posted via Akismet.
- Flagged ads can be viewed separately to determine violations, and then deleted or unflagged.
- Ad Management panel, visible by users and admins for easier ad creation/editing/delete.
- Admin can post ads on behalf of other users with the ads displaying as if the user posted them initially.
- Email verification step can be used to auto-post ads upon successful verification link click.
- Ads can be posted to a Facebook page.
- Allow image posting or turn off completely.
- Control the number, filesize, height and width of images posted.
- Allow for different numbers of images to be posted with paid Ads vs. free Ads.
- Allow for image approval prior to posting.
- Allow users to have a primary image for their Ad.
Premium Modules (Add on modules, not included with free plugin)
- Category Icons (adds small icons to give visual cues to your user for each category in AWPCP).
- Extra Fields (allows you to add any custom fields for display. For example, if you have a pet-related board, you might have “Gender”, “Breed”, and “Dam/Sire” as additional fields you require for display). Now supports search in extra fields, too.
- Regions Control (allows you to restrict viewing of ads based on locale, so users don’t see items they aren’t physically near them, also allows customization of the region types, such as village, borough, etc).
- PayPal Pro Support (allows you to have an embedded payment form on your site for use with PayPal Pro accounts)
- RSS Feeds (allows you syndicate your classifieds for your users to download in their favorite RSS reader and come back to your site).
- Featured Ads (allows you to promote certain ads over others by charging a fee for them, featured ads are displayed using CSS to highlight them. Featured ads are always returned first in a category, the overall ad list, or in search results. Also has a widget for placement anywhere on your site. Full admin control of featured ads, too).
- Fee Per Category (allows you to charge for certain categories and not others, giving you more freedom on how to configure your classified section. Allows for multiple fee plans per category, as well as a default plan to cover “all other unspecified” categories).
- Coupons/Discounts (allows you to offer coupon codes for ad promotions to your users, coupons can be a percent off, or a fixed amount, have expiration dates and be tracked by usage).
- Subscriptions (allows power users to place blocks of ads at a time, great for real estate agents, car dealers, anyone who wants to place ads in bulk.)
- Comments/Ratings (allows users to rate ads and place comments on them.)
- Authorize.net Payment Gateway (allows users to purchase ads, subscriptions and credit plans using Authorize.net).
- Attachments (allows users to attach PDFs, text files or other images to their classifieds.
Below you can find all our guides on this plugin.
- How to Install Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP)
- AWPCP Classifieds Usage Overview
- How to Configure AWPCP’s General Settings
- Configuring Classifieds Page’s Headings with AWPCP
- How to Setup Notifications, Ad Moderation, Layout Presentation and More with AWPCP
- How to Setup Payments in AWPCP
- How to Configure Image Settings in AWPCP
- How to Configure AdSense Placement in AWPCP
- How to Configure Ad Placement and Edit Form Settings in AWPCP
- Setting Up User Registration Requirements in AWPCP
- How to Setup Auto Generated Emails in AWPCP
- How to Setup Facebook App Integration with AWPCP
- How to Setup and Manage Credit Plans in AWPCP
- How to Add and Remove Credit from User Accounts in AWPCP
- How to Configure Fees for Listings in AWPCP
- How to Manage Ad Categories in AWPCP
- How to Completely Manage Ad Listings in AWPCP
- How to Import Ads from a CSV in AWPCP
- What You Can Learn From Debug in AWPCP
- How to Uninstall AWPCP from WordPress
- Displaying Classifieds on Website with AWPCP
- AWPCP: A Complete, Working Example – Part I
- AWPCP: A Complete, Working Example – Part II
- AWPCP: A Complete, Working Example – Part III