BackupBuddy Plugin Guide Overview
BackupBuddy is an all-in-one solution for WordPress backup, restore and migrations.
Whether you’re an end user or developer, BackupBuddy will bring you peace of mind in the event of data loss.
BackupBuddy keeps the backup, restoration and migration process easy, fast and reliable.
Our guides outline, in detail, how to use this plugin.
This plugin backs-up your entire WordPress installation (including widgets, themes, plugins, files and accompanying SQL database).
- Scheduled Backups – You can schedule backups to run automatically.
- Off-site Backups – Automatically send your backups off-site to BackupBuddy Stash, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, an FTP server, or your email. You can even send backups to one destination or multiple destinations for added protection.
- Backup Non-WordPress Tables – Have tables stored in your database that aren’t created or stored by WordPress? No problem. BackupBuddy can back up, restore and move those too.
- Directory and Database Table Exclusion – Choose which directories you don’t want to include in your backup.
- Backup Number and Size Limits – Manage how many backups to keep in each location, so you don’t accidentally use too much storage space by keeping old backups.
- Email Notifications – Receive email notifications for the start and completion of backups, errors and if no backups complete in “x” days
Restore your WordPress site fast.
Upload ImportBuddy and your backup file and it restores WordPress: your themes, widgets, plugins, and everything else.
You don’t even need to install WordPress first!
- Individual File Restoration – Easily browse your backup file zip contents right from the dashboard and decide which files to bring back in time.
- No Need to Install WordPress – If you have a full backup, BackupBuddy will handle reinstalling WordPress for you. Just enter your new database credentials, and you’re back in business.
- 2-File Restore – All you need to restore is our ImportBuddy script and your backup zip file.
- Restore Just Your Database- Choose to restore just your database from an earlier database-only backup if a WordPress configuration change makes your site unstable.
Move a WordPress site to another domain or server easily.
If you build custom WordPress sites for clients, this plugin is for you!
This is a very popular feature for WordPress developers who build a custom site for a client on a temporary domain or locally (like a sandbox or playground site) and then want to move the entire site with content, styles, widgets and all on a live client domain.
- Magic Migration – Move your backed up site to another server right from your WordPress dashboard (in normal compatible server environments). Or move to another installation directory or URL on the same server. It’s great for quickly creating a site copy to test a new plugin or theme.
- Manual Migration – The ImportBuddyscript can be used to manually move a site too.
- URLs & Paths – BackupBuddy handles all the URL and path changes for you when you move to a new domain or a sub-directory. No need to do a big find and replace. BackupBuddy also handles migrating serialized (encoded) data.
BackupBuddy Stash is the easiest way to store your backups safely, off-site.
Free storage comes with all BackupBuddy purchases. Log in with your iThemes username and password and you are ready to start sending backups.
The BackupBuddy plugin displays:
- Server configuration settings and recommendations
- Site size and database size (with and without exclusions)
- File transfer status and statistics
- File permissions
- Graphical interactive directory size map
- Database tables, status, and sizes
Below you can find all our guides on this plugin.
- How to Install the BackupBuddy Plugin
- How to Configure the BackupBuddy General Settings
- How to Configure the BackupBuddy Advanced Settings
- How to Manage the Core Log in BackupBuddy
- How to Configure the BackupBuddy Licensing Settings
- How to Schedule a BackupBuddy Backup
- How to Run a BackupBuddy Backup
- How to Setup BackupBuddy Remote Destinations
- How to Use BackupBuddy Restore & Migrate
- How to Setup the BackupBuddy Server Tools – Server
- How to Setup the BackupBuddy Server Tools – Database
- How to Setup the BackupBuddy Server Tools – Site Size Maps
- How to Setup BackupBuddy WordPress Cron Jobs
- How to Run a BackupBuddy Malware Scan