How to Configure the Blubrry PowerPress in Simple Mode – Step 3
In this section of the Blubrry PowerPress plugin, we will look at how to setup Step 3 of the Simple Mode Settings.
Step 1) Login to the WordPress Dashboard.
Step 2) From the left-hand sidebar of the Dashboard, navigate to PowerPress -> Settings.
Before Submitting your Podcast to iTunes
Step 3) Before you submit your podcast to iTunes make sure you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Your artwork is a square jpg or png formatted image at least 1400 x 1400 and at most 2048 x 2048 in size in RGB color space (1400 x 1400 jpg image recommended).
- A unique podcast program title (check iTunes to make sure your program title is unique).
- At least one iTunes category selected.
- Valid email address in the iTunes email field (notifications from Apple will be sent to this address).
- Have created at least one blog post with media (a podcast episode) in either mp3, m4a, mp4, m4v, pdf, or epub format.
|If you have completed the above steps, you are now ready to submit your podcast to iTunes and other podcast directories.|
Install the iTunes Desktop Application
Step 4) To submit your podcast to iTunes, you must use the iTunes Desktop Application linked to an active Apple account. The iTunes Desktop Applicationn is available for free from apple.com/itunes/download.
Submit your podcast to iTunes using the iTunes desktop application
Step 5) Click the following link to Publish a Podcast on iTunes. Submitting your podcast is free but requires an active Apple ID to submit a podcast.
|See Submit your podcast to the iTunes Podcast Directory in the Blubrry Podcasting Manual for detailed instructions.|
After Submitting your Podcast to iTunes
All podcasts submitted to iTunes are moderated. The process can take between 1-10 days, though most submissions are approved within 3 days.
Apple will email the address you entered as your iTunes email in PowerPress -> Settings. When your podcast is approved. The message will be titled iTunes Store Podcast Approved Notification and include your own unique iTunes subscribe URL.
|Please copy this URL and save it into the PowerPress -> Settings -> iTunes tab section in the iTunes Subscribe URL field.|
The next step of the guide will focus on How to Migrate Media with Blubrry.