Short Pixel Image Optimizer WordPress Plugin Guide Overview
Hello and welcome to the guide to the Short Pixel Image Optimizer WordPress plugin, which is a superb plugin that reduces the size of your image files, therefore making your website load faster. But don’t worry, the advanced compression technology ensures that the quality of your images is preserved.
In this guide, we will show you how install the plugin, set it up properly and then optimize your images using the bulk image tool.
- Both lossy and lossless optimization: you can choose between the two types of compression. Lossy for photographs. Lossless for technical drawings, clip art and comics.
- One API Key for multiple sites: after registration, you receive an API key that you can further use on several websites or applications.
- Up to 90% compression rate: with lossy compression images that were 3MB can crunch to 307Kb, with no before/after differences..
- Supported formats: JPG, PNG, PDF, both static and animated GIFS. NEW UPDATE: we recently introduced optimisation for PDFs.
- Backup and restore originals: if you ever want to return to the original version, images are automatically stored in a backup folder on your hosting servers.
- Bulk image optimization: Crunch your image gallery, and downsize your website. This feature may take up to several hours, depending on the number and size of existing images.
Below you can find all our guides on this plugin.
- How to Install the Short Pixel Image Optimizer
- How to Setup the Short Pixel Image Optimizer
- How to Use the Short Pixel Bulk Image Tool