UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration for WordPress Guide Overview
Welcome to the guide for the UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration for WordPress Plugin. This useful plugin is designed to make backing up and restoring your site a great deal easier than it can be, by creating complete backups – both manual or scheduled – to the likes of S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, Rackspace, FTP, SFTP, email and more.
- Supports WordPress backups to Amazon S3 (or compatible), Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP, OpenStack (Swift) and email. Also (via an add-on) Copy.Com, FTP over SSL, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV (and compatible services, e.g. Yandex, Cubby). (Note: Microsoft forbid OneDrive/SkyDrive to be used by backup software). Some examples of S3-compatible providers: Cloudian, Connectria, Constant, Eucalyptus, Nifty, Nimbula, Cloudn.
- Quick restore (both file and database backups).
- Backup automatically on a repeating schedule.
- Site duplicator/migrator: can copy sites, and (with add-on) move them to new locations.
- Restores and migrates backup sets from other backup plugins (Premium) (currently supported: BackWPUp, BackupWordPress, Simple Backup, WordPress Backup To Dropbox).
- Files and database backups can have separate schedules.
- Failed uploads are automatically resumed/retried.
- Large sites can be split into multiple archives.
- Select which files to backup (plugins, themes, content, other).
- Select which components of a backup to restore.
- Download backup archives direct from your WordPress dashboard.
- Database backups can be encrypted for security (Premium).
- Debug mode that gives full logging of the backup.
- Internationalised (translations very welcome – see below).
- Premium version and support available – http://updraftplus.com.
- Tested and supported on all current PHP versions (5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5).
- How to Install the UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration Plugin
- How to Backup and Restore with UpdraftPlus
- How to Configure the UpdraftPlus Backup and Restoration Settings and Debugging