xili-language Plugin Guide Overview
xili-language provides for a bilingual (or multilingual) website and an automatic selection of language (.mo) in theme according to the language of current post(s) or page.
The theme’s behavior can be fully personalized through settings, hooks and API.
- xili-language plugin provides an automatic selection of language in theme according to the language of displayed post, series of posts, page or articles. If the post is in gaelic, the texts of the theme will be in gaelic if the author checks the post as gaelic and if the theme contains the right .mo file for this target language.
- An interface with a list of titles (and links) are available to help you write articles and their translations.
- To assist with authoring, the current user can choose the language of his dashboard.
- xili-language select on the fly the multilingual .mo files present in the theme’s folder (no cookies, no redirections like “301”).
- xili-language uses a custom taxonomy to specify language of a post, page and custom post.
- xili-language plugin works on WordPress installation in mono (standalone) or on one site belonging to a multisite (network) install.
Below you can find all our guides on this plugin.